Wednesday, September 15, 2010

OPERA: A new Discovery of Mine

I, like many people that I have encountered, do not like operas. I never even liked musicals. They are two different things, I know, but the high pitch singing and weird costumes never really caught my interest until ART211. It is amazing how one class can show you things interesting things about areas you had no care for. From the history of the males and how they would have things done to them so that their voices would not change. To the loads of makeup men and women would use to cover up syphilis scars and perfume for their odors. I was also amazed at the lengths people would go to just to impress others. I will never look at an opera the same. I may even go see one in person. (Maybe...)

I checked out the animation that Julia posted and it was pretty good. Thank you for the suggestion.

No comments:

Post a Comment